Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Argentinian Deli | Great Food in Boca Raton



Epanadas from Argentinian Deli | Great Food in Boca Raton

Going in to this grocery store, part fast food restaurant, and part deli, I knew very little about Argentina let alone Argentinian food.  I have eaten a fair amount of South American food in south Florida, but I wasn’t aware of anything Argentinian specific.

Argentina has a lot of Italian and Spanish influence in their foods after the invasion that took place in the 16th century when the Europeans began arriving. Many of these cities that were founded then are still alive today, the oldest being Santiago del Estero founded on July 25, 1553.

Anyway, I was driving by the other day and was intrigued so I popped in. I have had a lot success with this strategy in the past and this time was no different. They have other options, but I immediately gravitated towards the empanadas.

If you have spent any time in Florida, you should have been exposed to empanadas, but if you haven’t, they are a little puffy pocket of filled deliciousness. Originally designed so that workers could carry them in their pockets to go to work, they consist of a filling wrapped in dough, and then oven baked.

At Argentinian Deli there were 9 options on the day I visited, and they had a deal that gives you a coke and 3 empanadas for $6.00, a filling lunch for the average guy. The most common empanada and my favorite is the basic ground beef.  The Argentinian version is a little sweeter than other countries, but still great. I also enjoyed a chicken and vegetable, and an Americanized Ham and Cheese.

On the menu the Chicken Milanesa Sub, and 10oz Vacio Steak plate jumped out at me, but knowing my nature if I return I will probably just try other empanadas, because that is my type of food.


Argentinian Deli
501 Northeast 20th Street
Boca Raton, FL 33431
P: (561) 672-9003



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment